Welcome to Tax Day, if you’re in the United States. They say that only two things in this world are certain: death and taxes. I concentrate on death, of course, and at any rate, there are lots of people who get away without paying taxes at all. I am not among them, more’s the pity.
So, while some of us are working towards one of life’s supposed ubiquities (taxes), here are a few stories that have to do with religion.
- Star Trek Hypothesis
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary President argues that Buddhism, Hinduism, and Marxism are demonstrations of Satanic Power.
- “America’s Top Exorcist,” a rather lurid CNN video piece in which the Vatican’s chief American exorcist, and inspiration for new movie “The Rite,” is given the mini-biopic treatment. This would be uninteresting and just another case of lurid religion-movie tie-ins in the media (especially around horror-genre films), except that I’ve recently become interested in the immense rise in the number of officially credentialed exorcists in the Catholic Church in the last few years, and the scary rise in exorcisms generally.
- Mayan Corn God/Jester God images discovered
- Prehistoric Burial Sites in PNG
- Robert Fisk on Secular Popular Revolts Not Backed By Secret Islamists
- “A Taxonomy of Gods”
- The Trot Dance Ritual in Khmer New Year celebrations (Khmer language video)
- Mike Huckabee interview with Jon Stewart
- 7 Best Unintentionally Sexual Church Signs
Actual links and comments after the jump