- Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog has a great post on agricultural diversity, intensification, and centers and peripheries in the Amazon basin. More confirmation regarding the importance of peripheries to innovation and centers. Go. Read.
- Global Guerrillas (John Robb) has today’s must-read: on “Brand America” and how talking about “Brand America” is a major sign that we live in a “hollow state.”
- HaitiAnalysis has unsurprising, but depressing news on how the Haiti Earthquake of 2010 victimized the poor first and worst. Haiti’s Classquake
- Also on Haiti, anthropologist Keith Hart (over at his site, Keith Hart’s Memory Bank) discusses how current events in post-quake Haiti seem to confirm Naomi Klein’s thesis of ‘Disaster Capitalism.’ “Is Haiti To Be Another Victim of Disaster Capitalism?“
- And somebody is selling Beethoven’s skull. I can’t believe this is still legal. Weird.